There is a very good news for those who have recently bought a Nook Tablet and disappointed to find out that you could not access the Android Market. The Nook Tablet has successfully rooted, now you can run Android Market and download apps on Nook Tablet.
The Nook Tablet was released earlier than expected i.e. on November 16, probably due to Amazon’s Kindle Fire release date. The Nook Tablet runs on a modified version of Android and as usual it can be rooted permanently as you will see in our article.
Declaimer: Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, Do this on your own risk!
You may like this [Mozilla Firefox Free Download for Android] and [Top 15 Best Music Apps For Your Android phones and devices]
Here is How You Can Root Your Nook Tablet
To root your Nook Tablet you have to first Enable Debugging Mode.
- Download tgps launcher on your Nook Tablet, to download click here.
- After installing click Package Installer then settings.
- Click on “allow installation from unknown sources” in setting.
- Then, click on “Development” and turn on “USB Debugging”. Make sure that “Auto Mount” option is turned off. Now your Nook Tablet is in Debugging mode. You can now connect it USB to your Windows machine through USB.
- Open “Device Manager” on your Windows. The device manager should show up your Nook Tablet with a ! symbol. Your Nook Tablet is now in debugging mode you an now unplug the USB cable from your Nook Tablet.
- Click here to download the “usbdrivers.zip” file.
- Click here to download the “Nook&Zergy.zip” file.
- Now, Create a folder “ntroot” in your C drive and extract both usbdrivers.zip and Nook&Zergy.zip to the ntroot folder.
- Run the “runmefirst.bat” file from ntroot folder.
- To open device manager, press any key.
- Plugin the USB cable in to your Nook Tablet to install the drivers.
- Right click on your Nook Tablet in Device Manager and click-> “Properties”-> “Update Driver”-> “Browse Your Computer For Drivers”.
- Now, select the USB drivers in the ntroot folder on your C drive and click OK. Now your Nook Tablet changes to Android Compatible ADB Interface.
- Run NookZergy located in the ntroot folder on C drive.
- Press ‘y’ to register your tablet and hit enter.
- You may now asked to install gapps (Google Apps). Press ’y’ and hit enter.
- After all, your Nook Tablet restarts and you can unplug the USB cable from your Nook Tablet.
Your Nook Tablet has successfully rooted.
Hope you like this, Please share this article on Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter or you can also subscribe to our RSS Feeds by entering your email address below to get all the future updates.
No related posts.